New Features added, version 7.5.2, 7.5.3, 8.1
NDS Applications allows you to interface with VeriSignTM for payment processing. VeriSignTM payment processing includes payment verification and billing. This feature only supports credit card transactions, and does not support any processor specific, fraud screening, or commercial card functionality.
The following credit card transactions are handled by the NDS interface:
S - Sale: Charges the specified amount against the account and marks the transaction for immediate funds transfer during the next settlement period. VeriSign automatically performs settlement for each merchant on a daily basis.
A- Authorization: Authorizes transactions that may be captured later.
C - Credit: Returns the specified amount to the account holder.
V - Void: Void, reversal of transaction before settlement.
The GL Timing flag in program SPPT, Payment Type Maintenance, must be set to Invoice for VeriSignTM transactions. If the transaction is a debit charge, the charge will be processed as an A - Authorization. When the invoice is processed through program OESJ, Sales Orders End of Day & Journals, the charge will be processed as an S - Sale. If the transaction is a credit, the C - Credit transaction will be processed immediately.
When a sales order is cancelled, any payment lines that have been authorized but not captured will be cancelled. Any payment lines that have been authorized and captured or charged on a sale will be credited the amount on the payment line.
Sales orders that are assigned the sales reason code assigned to the POS_CRDR_CODE parameter in program MURM, Initialization Parameter Maintenance, will not have their payments reauthorized when program OESJ, Sales Order End of Day and Journals, is run unless the OESJ_RECALC_POS_CC is set to Y. For more information, see program MURM, Initialization Parameter Maintenance.
Recalculating Payments before Invoicing
Preventing Processing of Stale Credit Card Authorizations
Reauthorization of VeriSignTM Transactions
VeriSignTM Address Verification
Set up for VeriSignTM Payment Processing
VeriSignTM Processing for Backorders
When a VeriSignTM transaction is submitted, the date on which it was submitted is stored for the transaction when the response from VeriSignTM is received.
When the [VeriSign] button is pressed and the amount was previously authorized, a message will be displayed. "Authorized on date. Re-authorize now? "
If you select [Ok] when this message is displayed, the transaction will be reauthorized. If the sales order was on hold, it will be taken off hold when the authorization occurs.
Address verification does not fail a transaction, and is only used for informational purposes.
* Some setup must be completed in program MURM, Initialization Parameter Maintenance, for the Address Verification feature to work. For more information, see VeriSignTM Variable Setup.
* VeriSignTM AVS will return a response of BAD ADDRESS when the address does not match.
If a payment (or verification request) is accepted but noted as a non-matching address, the following will occur depending upon the program in which the VeriSignTM button was pressed.
* In program OEOE, Sales Order Entry Maintenance, and program ARIE, One Step Invoice Entry, the sales order will be placed on credit hold.
* In program OQEM, Sales Order Quotation Entry/Maintenance, the sales order will not be able to convert to a sales order.
* In program OESC, Shipping Confirmation, the order status will be changed to status J - Confirmed Incomplete.
* Program OESJ, Sales Orders End of Day & Journals, will process the sales order if is selected for processing.
The following set up must be completed before the VeriSignTM Payment Processing feature can be used.
* For more information on VeriSignTM services see their web site at www.verisign.com.
This account is free for testing. See VeriSign's web site to sign up.
When you sign up for your account, VeriSignTM will let you know how to get this software, freely available.
Set up VeriSignTM Variables for payment processing. For more information, see VeriSignTM Variable Setup.
Set up the VeriSign flag to on for the appropriate payment types in this program. Set the GL Timing flag to Invoice. Set the Recalc Required flag to the desired setting.
When the Recalc Required flag is set to on and program OESJ, Sales Order End of Day and Journals, is run, the payment amounts for this payment type will be recalculated before the sales order is invoiced.
This calculation will modify the payment amount on the first unposted payment type attached to a sales order so that the net amount owed on the order becomes zero. If any miscellaneous charges are attached to the payment type, they will be recalculated in conjunction with the payment amount so that the order nets to zero. The net result of all this will be:
* Invoices cannot be printed until after program OESJ, Sales Order End of Day and Journals, is run.
* Invoices will always have the correct freight charges, since they cannot be printed until after Clippership or Connectship / WorldEase processing.
* Invoices will always have the correct credit card payments (assuming the customer intended to pay in full with the card, and that the payment type has this flag set to on.).
During Payment Processing on the Summary page of these sales order entry programs, enter a VeriSignTM payment type, and press the [VeriSign] button to transfer the information to the VeriSignTM software. Verification will take place when the user presses the VeriSignTM process button. The actual billing will not take place until program OESJ, Sales Orders End of Day & Journals, is run for the invoice.
When a sales order is backordered, and VeriSignTM credit card payments have been entered for the sales order on the payments page, when the order is processed through OESJ, Sales Order End of Day and Journals, the following occurs:
* The newly created backorder is placed on hold for review, with the hold code 'R' Management Review. The backorder can be taken off hold in program OEHR, Credit Hold Release.
* The remaining backordered total is authorized through VeriSignTM using the same credit information as was entered on the original order.
* A workflow record is created with the target program OEOE, Sales Order Entry/Maintenance. The NDSBACKORD workflow record must be set up and active in program WFWM, Workflow Template Maintenance, for this to occur.