New features added, version 7.5.2
Program IPGM, Product Group Maintenance is used to add, maintain, and delete product groups, and their descriptions.
* Items are assigned to these product groups in program ICMM, Inventory Master Maintenance.
* You cannot delete a product group if items are assigned to it in program ICMM, Inventory Master Maintenance.
You must have a product group to have product codes.
* The product groups can be used in combination with product codes from program IPCM, Product Code Maintenance, to create product group matrices in program IPMM, Product Group Matrix Maintenance.
* Product codes cannot be shared among product groups.
Inventory codes (1-9) are assigned to product groups, using the programs for each code.
* For example, inventory code 1 can be assigned to a product group in program IPCAM, Item Code Maintenance.
* The inventory codes are assigned to items in program ICMM, Inventory Master Maintenance.
* They are used to differentiate general ledger postings for items, and ad-hoc reporting.
For each product group, the labels for the fields for the inventory codes in program ICMM, Inventory Master Maintenance, can be different.
* You can enter the labels for the inventory codes for a product group in this program.
* These labels can also be assigned in the programs for each inventory code.
* For example, the label for inventory code 1 for a product group can be entered or maintained in program IPCAM, Item Code Maintenance.
Entering Product Groups
Entering Inventory Code Labels
The Product Group Matrix
1. In the Group field, enter the product group code.
2. In the Description field, enter the product group description.
3. In the ICSM Default Price Rounding field, enter the value to which the unit price for items in this group will be rounded. This is the default value for the Round to Nearest field in program ICSM, Inventory Sales Data Maintenance, for new sales units of measure created for items assigned to this product group.
4. Press [Commit].
1. If labels have been entered for inventory codes in program IPCAM, Item Code Maintenance, the label will be displayed here. They can be changed here.
2. In the field for the desired inventory code, enter the inventory code label for this product group.
* For example, if you wanted to enter a label for inventory code 9, you would enter the label in the Item Code 9 field.
3. Press [Commit].
The following image displays how product groups, product codes, product lines, and item codes are linked. Product lines are entered by product code, and are unique to each product code. Product codes can be assigned to multiple product groups, and item codes are entered according to product group.